- The Esperante was a hand-built American GT sports cars produced between 2001 and 2007
- Odometer reads 27,440 miles
- 1 of 4 Esperante coupes produced
The only car that Panoz built in 2007, the last of a 234 car run
- Shipped from the factory the first week of October in 2007 to an overseas customer and used to promote Panoz’s new dealership network
- Supercharged 4.6L Ford SVT modular V-8 engine
- The only GTLM produced with an automatic transmission
- Chile Pepper Red exterior with optional rear spoiler and deluxe sport side mirrors
- Tan leather interior with carbon fiber trim package and deluxe aluminum trim
- Copy of 2007 build pricing sheet
- Copy of Panoz press release announcing GTLM customization opportunities
- Multimatic designed front and rear suspension with optional Sport handling package including Multimatic Dynamic coilovers
- Extruded aluminum chassis with superformed aluminum body and carbon fiber substructure
- Featuring factory integrated roll cage and carbon fiber roof
- Custom factory-built automatic transmission and hot weather upgrade noted on the build sheet
- Optional factory Brembo brake calipers and rotors SVT gauge cluster with White dials
- Alloy wheels with Panoz center caps
- Sony radio with Clarion speakers
Founded by Daniel “Dan” Panoz in 1989, Panoz Auto Development came out of the liquidation of Ireland’s Thompson Motor Company. After purchasing the rights to a new Frank Costin-designed chassis, Panoz introduced its first automobile, the Panoz roadster in 1992, followed by the AIV (Aluminum Intensive Vehicle) Roadster. In 1997, Dan’s father, Don Panoz, urged a move into racing to expand the brand offerings and promote the company on the international racing stage. Debuted in 2000 as a luxurious and fast, street-legal version of the Panoz Le Mans racing car, the Esperante featured power from a front-midmounted Ford Cobra modular V-8 engine and sleek coupe and convertible body styles on a track-derived chassis, offering buyers an exclusive sports/GT car with a direct racing pedigree.
True to plan, Panoz soon reached the pinnacle of international motorsport with its Esperante GTLM, purpose-designed and developed for FIA GT2 racing homologation. At the 55th Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in 2006, the No. 50 Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz Esperante GTLM took first in class, besting such top GT2- class competitors as BMW, Porsche, Ferrari and Spyker. That June, the No. 81 Panoz Esperante GTLM, campaigned by England-based Team LNT, outlasted and overtook the remaining LMGT2 contenders in the final hour to win the 2006 running of the world- famous 24 Hours of Le Mans by a lap—an amazing achievement for such a young manufacturer as Panoz.
Handsomely styled and visually striking in its Chili Pepper Red exterior finish, this hand- built 2007 Panoz Esperante GTLM Coupe is a fabulous example of these rare and unique, race-bred American sports/GT cars. One of as few as four Esperante GTLM coupes produced for the road in all and one of one built for 2007, this example is historic as the last Esperante of the 234 total cars produced from 2001 through 2007. According to a Panoz company press release, this Esperante GTLM was shipped from the factory during the first week of October 2007 and delivered to an export customer to help promote the new Panoz dealer network. In addition to its captivating paint color, this Esperante GTLM coupe is enhanced by Deluxe Sport side mirrors, an optional rear spoiler and a rich tan leather interior with carbon fiber trim package and Deluxe aluminum trim accents.
Mechanical specifications of this very special Esperante GTLM include the high-tech extruded aluminum chassis, lightweight super-formed aluminum body, and a full carbon fiber superstructure. Performance is simply awesome, with more than 500 HP delivered by the supercharged 4.6L Ford SVT modular V-8 engine. Other high-tech features include the integrated roll cage and carbon fiber roof. Underpinnings include Multimatic- designed front and rear suspension systems with the optional Sport handling package option, including Multimatic Dynamic coilovers. Power is delivered by an automatic transmission, with this GTLM being the only equipped as such, and the vehicle also includes the Hot Weather upgrade package, as noted on the build sheet. Stopping power is provided by the factory Brembo calipers and rotors option. Offered on behalf of the current owner, who acquired this rare and potent racing-homologation special in 2017, this 2007 Panoz Esperante GTLM Coupe stands as a fitting road-going exemplar of its maker’s Le Mans-winning design prowess.
- Alloy wheels
- Call for details
- Leather seats
- Manual Transmission